Tuesday, February 15, 2011

You Found that Where?

Have you even gone food shopping and while you are searching the isles you see items that do not belong in that aisle? Well I see that a lot and it is one of my jobs as a front end employee to walk around and gather those misplaced items. I think it is lazy for people to just place down an item that they do not want somewhere random, but I have done it before so I cannot complain too much. The one thing that drives me crazy is when people put cold items in an aisle that is not refrigerated. I think that, that is not only laziness but inconsiderateness. Throughout my years at Stop and Shop I have found some odd things while searching for the out of place items, but the following story is about the experience I had one day, when I found the oddest items in the weirdest places.
            One day at work I was asked to do a back shop (find the misplaced items), so I began in the produce section, but only found a few misplaced items. The next aisle was the sales aisle. I did not find much, but as I went to exit the aisle a shopping bag caught my eye. It was on the bottom shelf. I went over to see what was in it. There were six packages of meat in the bag. I picked it up, only to find another five packages in another bag underneath it. I could not believe that someone would leave bagged meat in an aisle. I put both bags in the cart and continued on my search through the rest of the store.
            The next place that I found an odd item out of place was the bread aisle. In the middle of two loafs of bread there was a pineapple. I picked it up and was trying to think of what person would think of throwing that in with a pile of bread and why. I continued and a few aisles later, I found something else weird. There was a big bag of cat litter in the middle of the toy aisle. I could not even imagine why or even how it got there, so I just picked it up and added it to my cart of other finding.
Another few aisles down there is the makeup and hair supplies aisle. As I walked down the aisle I noticed something odd on the bottom self under a large display of hair ties and brushes. As I walked up to see what it was exactly I could not help but laugh to find out that it was a gallon of milk. I was floored to see that someone would even do that. Dairy is one thing that you do not want to get warm and the fact someone just left a whole gallon in an aisle amazed me. Not to mention the fact that about two aisles over is where the milk cases are. I picked up the milk and put it in the cart with the rest of the items. I did the last few isles and returned to the front end to see what else needed to be done.
            It still amazes me to think that people would put items in aisle that are not even close to the appropriate aisle for that item. I can understand little items like a card or a pack of gum, but to put large or perishable items in another area is crazy to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment