Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Strange Bagger

I was sitting at the computer; wondering what I should write for my blog this week and then out of nowhere and event that happened about a year ago popped into my mind. I do not know how I did not think of this before. The following story is something that caught me, and the manager, off guard one night.
I was working behind courtesy one day and I noticed a young man hanging around the registers. He ended up being one of the cashier’s cousins. The cashier told him that he had to leave and that he could not stand there with her. Plus other customers were complaining about someone helping them bag who was a random stranger. He left about ten minutes after he was told to leave, but before he walked out him and another young kid, who was shopping with his mother, got into a little bit of a verbal bicker.
The next thing I know the phone rings. So I pick it up like usual and I hear this woman’s voice on the other end yelling. She was telling me that “That kid that was hanging around your cashiers who does not even work here just ran after my son and tried to beat him up. I am calling the cops and coming back inside now so have your manager downstairs so I can speak with him.” I said okay no problem, hung up and got the manager downstairs.
The fight did not end up happening and I do not believe any cops ended up coming, but the randomness and adrenalin from the chaos made this event something crazy and entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment