Monday, March 7, 2011

Free Peanuts?

There is nothing that I dislike more than people who demand to get things for free. It is our policy to give them their money back, but it bothers me when they demand it, because sometimes it is up to my discretion if they get the full price back or just the difference.
Last week I had a woman come up to the courtesy counter and explain to me how she found some plastic in her peanuts. I called the manager because she wanted to let him know what had happened. He said he was sorry and that he could write up a report to the company for her. She said that she would appreciate that. Then he told her that I will give her the money back for the peanuts, which I figured I was going to do anyways. So I gave her back the full price which was $3.29.
About a half hour later the woman comes back up to the desk and complains that she bought the peanuts for $2.50 last week and now they are ringing up the regular price of $3.29. I explained to her how the sales change each week so that is why the peanuts are not on sale anymore. She then says “Well I think because of the situation I was in I should get this one for free or get the difference back.” I then explained to her how she got a refund of the full regular price for the peanuts before, because I did not know she paid a sale price. So I tried to have her understand that she pretty much just traded cans because I gave her the same amount of money back that she just spent on the peanuts. It took her a few times to understand that she only ended up paying $2.50 for the first can of peanuts and that she was not going to get a refund on another can.
I thought it was funny how she was telling me that she should get it for free just because she found plastic in her other can. She would then be getting 2 free cans, one for no reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment