Wednesday, March 30, 2011

SELF scan

One thing that has come to bother me through the years of working at Stop and Shop is the ignorance of the elder people. You try to explain thing to them, but they do not understand, or they try to tell you how to do your job, but it is completely nothing like you need to do it. The biggest pet peeve that I have with ignorant elder people is when they use self-scan. There are a good number of elder people who go through the self check out with no problems, but there are a few who have completely no idea what is going on.
One time I had a woman just stand in front of the self check out machine for about five minutes. I went over to her and asked her if she needed help with something. She looked at me and said she was waiting for the cashier to come ring up her items. I explained how it was self scan and that she would have to do it herself if she wanted to use it. She walked away.
I honestly do not mind when people do that, and there have been times that I will scan there few items for them because they look so sad that they were waiting for nothing. The people that I mind are the ones who come up to self scan and say “Oh I have never done this before you are going to have to help.” I show them the basics, but then they tell me to just ring everything up and bag it. I do not understand why people who do not know how to work self scan, mind you it is pretty self-explanatory, even come to the lines. It is not that I do not want to help them, I just do not like the fact that they know they cannot understand the concept of the machine, yet they still insist on using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment