Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lottery CANNOT be closed!

As I have stated in another blog, I have come to learn that people love lottery. There was an incident about a week ago where I actually got attacked because I closed down the lottery machine at the end of the night. That story goes as follows.
            Every night the person working behind the service desk goes home at 8. Before they leave they have to make sure lottery is counted out and that all the transactions match the amount of money in the draw and that things are even. Therefore, lottery needs to be closed down about 15-20 minutes early in order for the counting to be done. I usually close it down about 20 minutes before 8 because I sometimes miss something and need to recount everything.     
            So one night I closed down lottery and had just finished counting everything out and finding that it was perfectly even, when a man walked up and asked if lottery was still open, which happens a lot. So I told him no and that I am sorry. He looked at me and told me that I had to open it back up because he needed to get tickets. I told him that I am sorry for the inconvenience but everything is all counted out so I cannot open lottery back up. He then went on to tell me that it is not 8 yet and I am not allowed to close it until that time. I explained to him how I am only there until 8 and I need to count out lottery before I leave so it needs to be shut down early so I can do that. He then told me about how he was here last week and a woman sold him a ticket 5 minutes before 8 so I should do the same. I again explained to him how everything was already counted out and that if I had just started or was in the middle of counting I would have stopped and sold him tickets and then recounted, but I was completely finished and it was perfect. He went on for a few more minutes about how I am not allowed to do that and how I need to open it for him. I still continued to explain how it is all done and closed. I kept saying that I am sorry, but I did not help. He finally, after about 5 minutes, walked away.
            I wish that lottery could stay open until 8 so things like this will not happen, but when I need to be clocked out by 8 it is hard to do that. I have had people make a sigh sound when I tell them lottery is closed, but this guy was by far the worst that I have experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment