Monday, April 4, 2011

April Fooool's

            As you all know, April fool’s day was this past Friday. I worked behind customer service, just like I do every Friday. I was expecting some of the older people to try and play some jokes on me, or at least tell me some jokes. I was surprised to find that two hours into my shift that no one was saying anything about April fool’s day. Finally one man showed the April fool’s spirit and played a joke, but not on me, on a customer.
            I had just finished taking care of this one man, and he went to walk away, but turned back around. He looked at me with a little smile and said “Just so you know I put a fake winning lottery scratch off ticket on the floor over there”. I said that was ok and hopefully someone will pick it up. Not even a minute later a man came walking buy and picked it up. He was an older gentleman. He stood there looking at the scratch off for a few seconds and then walked away slowly.
            The man who had planted the ticket was standing to the side watching this man as well, and once the man with the ticket left he came back over to talk to me. He explained how the man who picked it up had an empty cart so it seemed like he was about to start grocery shopping, but once he had the ticker he booked out the door. I found it kind of funny, but then I did feel bad for the guy if he really did think that he won about 3 million dollars. But, I am not sure what ended up happening because the man with the ticket never returned to the store to try and cash it in or anything, so I assume he either went home to show his wife or he found out it was fake and threw it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment